April is the time of year when many people start to think about gardening, (although some of us never really stop thinking about it, am I right?) Wouldn’t it be great if our gardens could feed us all year long? On April 26th at 6 pm, acclaimed gardener, author, and speaker, Megan Cain, will teach us how to do just that in an interactive and engaging workshop.
Megan (who lives in Wisconsin,) is passionate about gardening as a lifestyle, not just a hobby. Her blog, The Creative Vegetable Gardener (https://www.creativevegetablegardener.com/) was nominated by Better Homes and Gardens as one of the top 10 garden blogs of 2016. In addition to her blog, she has also founded the Flavorful Life Garden Club, and is the author of several handbooks: The Smart Start Garden Planner, Super Easy Food Preserving, as well as several seasonal recipe guides and guides to growing vegetables. Join us for this free event, and bring as many friends as you want! No reservation is necessary.
For another kick start into gardening season, our April displays are (you guessed it!) books about gardening, and - for something to listen to while getting your hands dirty - a great selection of our “best of” and “greatest hits” CDs.
The new children’s table topic for April is: “What do you like to do on a rainy day?” Write it down and turn it in for prize! April’s hallway craft is to pick a color and draw how it makes you feel. These pictures may also be turned in for a prize, and used to decorate our hallway.
Don’t forget to join us for Legos on Friday at 3:15!
There are only about 2 weeks left of tax season. If you still need tax forms, here is how to get them:
- Printable versions are available online at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- The IRS Office
440 Security Blvd.
Green Bay, WI 54313
Hours: Mon. Closed; Tue. 8:30am – 4:30pm; Wed. Closed; Thu. 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Appleton Public Library
225 N. Oneida St.
Appleton, WI 54911
Hours: Mon. – Thu. 9am – 9pm; Fri. 9am – 6pm; Sat. 9am – 5pm; Sun. 12pm – 5pm.
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) between 7am and 7pm Mon. – Fri. to have forms and instructions mailed to you within 7-10 days.
While we cannot answer any tax-related questions, there are several resources available to help:
- The IRS Interactive Tax Assistant (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita) will provide answers to tax law questions, as well as general filing questions.
- The IRS Frequently Asked Questions page: (https://www.irs.gov/faqs).
- Free live chat services are available on many tax preparation websites if you create an account with them.
Have a great week, everyone!
This Week’s Programming Schedule:
- Thursday, April 5th @ 6:00 PM – Knitting
- Friday, April 6th @ 10:15 AM – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Friday, April 6th @ 10:30 AM - Preschool StoryTime
- Friday, April 6th @ 3:15 PM – Flash Friday
Mon - Thurs. 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Fri. 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm