We are so excited to welcome Miss Krista back! Thank you to everyone who sent cards and well wishes while she was recovering. We are thrilled to have her back at the library and feeling better.
The return of Miss Krista also means the return of StoryTime! Here are a few great things about StoryTime that everyone should know:
- It’s a great way for young children (and parents) to socialize.
- It helps children to develop pre-reading and language skills, such as answering simple questions about a story, retelling a story in their own words, understanding print concepts such as holding a book correctly and understanding that the words on the page represent spoken words, letter recognition, rhyming, syllables, letter sounds, and much more.
- Develops reading comprehension.
- Builds listening skills and attention span.
- StoryTime is a great way for children to practice using their imagination.
- It helps boost emotional intelligence.
- It makes learning fun and creates an enthusiasm for reading.
- It’s free!
StoryTime is for every child from birth to school age. Join us Fridays at 10:15 am for Baby/Toddler StoryTime, and at 10:30 for Preschool StoryTime. No sign-up or commitment is ever required.
We’re teaming up with Community 2000 again this year to do another “Help for the Homeless” Hygiene Drive, sponsored by 91.9 and 91.5 The Family. It will run from February 17th – March 10th, and will be used to help local families in our community. Please drop off any personal care and cleaning items at the library for those less fortunate.
The next meeting of the Black Creek Library Page Turners is next Wednesday, February 27th at 1 pm. Copies of Breakfast at Tiffany’s are available at the circulation desk for checkout. If you’re unable to join us in person, you can still participate online in our Facebook discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2168740469821856/?source_id=87182937411.
Having legal trouble? Sign up for Lawyer in the Library! Attorney Robert D. Sweeney from Sweeney Law Offices S.C. specializes in general litigation, real estate law, debtor/creditor, employer/employee relations, business law, estate planning, municipal law, family law, criminal/traffic, and personal injury. He provides free, confidential legal advice at the Black Creek Village Library on the second Monday of every month from 5 – 6:30 pm. To reserve a 30 minute time slot on March 11th, please sign up in person at the library, call us at (920) 984-3094, or email us at email@example.com.
Tax time is just around the corner. We’re unsure how the government shutdown will affect the distribution of tax forms locally, but here are some ways you can still get them:
- Printable versions are available online at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- The IRS Office
440 Security Blvd.
Green Bay, WI 54313
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) to have forms and instructions mailed to you.
Just a reminder – if the schools are closed due to weather, we will also be closed.
Next Week at the Library:
- Wed. Feb. 27th @ 1 pm – Black Creek Library Page Turners discuss Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Fri. Mar. 1st @ 10:15 am – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Fri. Mar. 1st @ 10:30 am – Preschool StoryTime
- Fri. Mar. 1st @ 3:30 pm: Flash Friday – Lego Fun!
Have a great week, everyone!
Mon. – Thurs. 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Fri. 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm