Do you remember the classic children's book, Mouse Paint, by Ellen Stoll Walsh? This week’s School’s Out Friday will be centered on this book. From 2-4 pm, we will be hand-stuffing and tie-dying our own mice (with tie-dye paint pens, so it shouldn’t be too messy!) Please let us know if you plan to be here so we can have enough materials for everyone. Here’s how to RSVP: sign up in person at the library, call us at (920) 984-3094, email us at email@example.com, send us a message on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/blackcreekvillagelibrary/, or simply click “Going” on our Facebook event page, and then comment with the names of the people attending. Easy!
Speaking of fun projects at the Black Creek Village Library, we have a storytime craft project coming up in April that we need cardboard tubes for. Instead of recycling your old foil or paper towel tubes, please consider donating them to the library for our storytime kids. Thanks!
The Black Creek Village Library is currently a drop off location for two amazing causes. The Lutheran churches of Seymour and Cicero are hosting a shoe drive to raise money for their yearly youth gathering. All sizes of shoes, boots, sandals, sports cleats, etc. are welcome, as long as they’re dry and clean and in good condition. We’re also collecting hygiene items for homeless families in the area, sponsored by 91.9 and 91.5 The Family. Items collected will remain in the area they were collected and will help local families.
It’s tax season again, but because of budget cuts, the IRS will no longer send us federal tax forms. Fortunately, there are still a number of ways to get them:
- Printable versions are available online at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- The IRS Office
440 Security Blvd.
Green Bay, WI 54313
Hours: Mon. Closed; Tue. 8:30am – 4:30pm; Wed. Closed; Thu. 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Appleton Public Library
225 N. Oneida St.
Appleton, WI 54911
Hours: Mon. – Thu. 9am – 9pm; Fri. 9am – 6pm; Sat. 9am – 5pm; Sun. 12pm – 5pm.
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) between 7am and 7pm Mon. – Fri. to have forms and instructions mailed to you within 7-10 days.
While we cannot answer any tax-related questions, there are several resources available to help:
- The IRS Interactive Tax Assistant (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita) will provide answers to tax law questions, as well as general filing questions.
- The IRS Frequently Asked Questions page: (https://www.irs.gov/faqs).
- Free live chat services are available on many tax preparation websites if you create an account with them.
Have a great week, everyone!
This Week’s Programming Schedule:
- Thursday, March 1st @ 6:00 PM – Knitting
- Friday, March 2nd @ 10:15 AM – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Friday, March 2nd @ 10:30 AM - Preschool StoryTime
- Friday, March 2nd @ 2:00 PM – School’s Out Friday – DIY “Mouse Paint” Tie-Dye Stuffed Mice Workshop!
Mon - Thurs. 10:00am - 8:00pm
Fri. 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sat. 10:00am - 4:00pm