A big thank you to everyone who joined us for our School’s Out activities on Friday. We hope you all had as much fun making sun catchers and weather vanes as we did. Our next installment of School’s Out Friday will be March 2nd. Stay tuned for more details, although we can tell you that if you like tie-dye and stuffed animals, you will like this.
Keep an eye out for the newest Friends of the Black Creek Village Library Raffle Basket – just in time for Valentine’s Day. It’s full of Valentine’s Day themed goodies – cookbooks, games, a fidget spinner, red mittens, greeting cards, coasters, a journal and pens, a hot cocoa mug, a heart-shaped pin, and more chocolate than you could possibly imagine. Tickets are $0.25 each or 5 for $1.00.
Even though it hasn’t been that long since we were all in school, it’s true what they say – use it or lose it. So when our kids come to us wanting help with their homework, it’s frustrating (and completely normal) to not remember how to divide fractions or diagram a sentence. The good news is, the Black Creek Village Library has a great selection of Common Core books and DVDs for both adults and children. Check Infosoup.org or ask one of our librarians for help.
We have also updated and expanded our Homeschool section. We know that homeschooling can be difficult without the proper resources for guidance and support. We have some great resources for both homeschooling families and families that are considering homeschooling. If you are a homeschool family or looking into it, you might also check out HSLDA.org and thehomeschoolmom.com to connect with homeschool groups and families in the area.
It’s tax season again, but because of budget cuts, the IRS will no longer send us federal tax forms. Fortunately, there are still a number of ways to get them:
- Printable versions are available online at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- The IRS Office
440 Security Blvd.
Green Bay, WI 54313
Hours: Mon. Closed; Tue. 8:30am – 4:30pm; Wed. Closed; Thu. 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Appleton Public Library
225 N. Oneida St.
Appleton, WI 54911
Hours: Mon. – Thu. 9am – 9pm; Fri. 9am – 6pm; Sat. 9am – 5pm; Sun. 12pm – 5pm.
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) between 7am and 7pm Mon. – Fri. to have forms and instructions mailed to you within 7-10 days.
While we cannot answer any tax-related questions, there are several resources available to help:
- The IRS Interactive Tax Assistant (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita) will provide answers to tax law questions, as well as general filing questions.
- The IRS Frequently Asked Questions page: (https://www.irs.gov/faqs).
- Free live chat services are available on many tax preparation websites if you create an account with them.
The Black Creek Village Library is once again a drop off location for Black Creek Citizen of the Year nominations, sponsored by the Black Creek Advancement Association. If you have someone in mind who is deserving of this honor, please stop in and fill out a nomination form.
Have a great week, everyone!
This Week’s Programming Schedule:
- Thursday, Feb. 15th @ 6:00 PM – Knitting
- Friday, Feb. 16th @ 10:15 AM – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Friday, Feb. 16th @ 10:30 AM - Preschool StoryTime
- Friday, Feb. 16th @ 3:15 FLASH Friday - Crafts
Mon - Thurs. 10:00am - 8:00pm
Fri. 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sat. 10:00am - 4:00pm