Good news! Our rearranging project is complete (for now!) Here is where to find items that have been moved:
· Adult fiction audiobooks are now on the paperback shelf in the center of the library.
· Adult non-fiction audiobooks are now shelved with the adult non-fiction books.
· Young-adult audiobooks are now shelved with YA fiction.
· New non-fiction audiobooks are now displayed on the New Arrivals shelves in the center of the library.
· TV series are now on the opposite wall of the media area – where audiobooks used to be.
· Paperbacks are in the same spot they always were, but are now consolidated. Larger print paperbacks are now combined with regular print paperbacks instead of being shelved in the Large-Print section.
Our favorite giraffe, Twiga, is back from vacation. She is feeling very well-rested and got a lot of reading done during her time off. Find her in her latest hiding spot to get a prize! As always, there is a clue at the circulation desk.
The Friends of the Black Creek Village Library have released their January raffle basket! This basket has something for everyone in the family – toys, hand-made creations, (including a crocheted embellished kitchen towel, and a knit bag,) fleece gloves, snacks, treats, hot chocolate to keep you warm, two $5 gift certificates, and all kinds of other goodies. The proceeds from these baskets help to support the library and we appreciate all of the time, thought, and money the Friends of the Black Creek Village Library put into them, as well as all of you for buying raffle tickets!
The Milwaukee Bucks reading challenge has come to the Black Creek Village Library! Anyone in grades 1-8 can participate, and you’ll get one point for every page you read. 250 points will get you a free ticket to a Milwaukee Bucks home game as well as an opportunity to shoot a post-game free-throw on the court. Participants who earn over 500 points will also have their names entered into a drawing to win official Milwaukee Bucks items, a chance to participate in the Bucks Ball Exchange, and be recognized on court before each game. Final scores need to be turned in before Monday, February 5th to qualify for prizes.
There is no school on Friday, February 9th, so instead of our usual Flash Friday, we are making sun catchers and weather vanes in the community room! Plan on being here between 2-4 pm if you want to join in on the fun.
We also want to remind everyone that when the Seymour Area School District schools are closed due to weather, we are also closed, so please make sure to call before you make the trip if you’re not sure. All items will be backdated to our last open day when we check them in, so items will not be late.
Have a great week, everyone!
This Week’s Programming Schedule:
- Thursday, Jan. 18th @ 6:00 PM – Knitting
- Thursday, Jan. 18th @ 6:30 PM – Friends of the Black Creek Library Meeting
- Friday, Jan. 19th @ 10:15 AM – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Friday, Jan. 19th @ 10:30 AM - Preschool StoryTime
- Friday, Jan. 19th @ 3:15 PM – FLASH Friday – Free Lego Build
Mon - Thurs. 10:00am - 8:00pm
Fri. 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sat. 10:00am - 4:00pm