The Black Creek Village Library Board of Trustees is hiring a Library Director!
This is a salaried, exempt position, 5 days/40 hours per week
Reports to: Black Creek Village Library Board of Trustees
Wage scale: $17.00 to $21.00/hourly dependent on prior experience and qualifications. Eligible for excellent benefits package, including: Health Insurance, Life Insurance and WRS.
Position Overview: The Library Director is the chief executive of the Black Creek Village Library and is responsible for its overall administration and management. The Library Director acknowledges and accepts the Library's Code of Service, respects confidentiality, and maintains the integrity of the Black Creek Village Library while enforcing statewide public library standards, local policies and procedures and state law. Strong leadership skills, a commitment to lifelong learning, and the ability to remain flexible and positive in a time of continuous change is essential to this position.
Minimum of successful completion of 54 semester hours, half of which must be in the liberal arts and sciences. Prior experience in a public library or libraries required. Must be capable of maintaining a budget and supervising a staff of approximately 3 FTE. Must be willing to earn and maintain a Grade 3 or higher Wisconsin State Library Certification. Must possess a valid Wisconsin Operator's License.
Essential Skills, Abilities and Duties:
• Leadership and management abilities.
• Excellent knowledge and appreciation of literature for all ages, audiovisual materials, and technology resources.
• Working knowledge of reference materials and methods.
• Excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with patrons of all ages.
• Ability to conduct diverse library programs with sensitivity to the various needs of the audience and with age-appropriate materials and activities.
• Willingness to learn and apply knowledge of library standards.
• Proficiency in preparing, implementing and evaluating a library budget.
• Familiarity with library tools for collection development.
• Proficiency in operating: computers, printers, scanners, digital equipment and software, automated information databases, word processing, spreadsheets and other technology tools.
• A thorough working knowledge of office procedures is necessary.
This posting closes at 5:00 PM on February 16th, 2021 .
Please submit: cover letter, resume, and Village of Black Creek job application to Black Creek Village Library, 507 South Maple Street, Black Creek WI 54106-ATTN: BLACK CREEK VILLAGE LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES. You may also email materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.