It’s spring (well, tomorrow, but close enough,) and the American Library Association (ALA) has released their annual list of honor-worthy books and media for children and teens. To see the lists, go here (http://infosoup.info/kids/awards-home) and here (http://infosoup.info/teens/awards-home.) They also have an ALA Recommended Print/Media List with even more amazing titles. For that list, go here (http://www.ala.org/awardsgrants/awards/browse/rlist?showfilter=no.)
Online shopping is becoming more and more popular as more and more retailers are making it an option. Many grocery stores even offer online shopping now, with pick up and often even delivery options. But did you know that you can donate money to your favorite charity (hint hint - the Friends of the Black Creek Village Library,) simply by shopping online? Amazon will donate .5% of your total purchase to the charity of your choice through their program AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com.) If you’ve never done this before, it’s a great time to start – now through March 31, AmazonSmile will triple your donation to 1.5% for your first purchase.
It’s tax season again, but because of budget cuts, the IRS will no longer send us federal tax forms. Fortunately, there are still a number of ways to get them:
- Printable versions are available online at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- The IRS Office
440 Security Blvd.
Green Bay, WI 54313
Hours: Mon. Closed; Tue. 8:30am – 4:30pm; Wed. Closed; Thu. 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Appleton Public Library
225 N. Oneida St.
Appleton, WI 54911
Hours: Mon. – Thu. 9am – 9pm; Fri. 9am – 6pm; Sat. 9am – 5pm; Sun. 12pm – 5pm.
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) between 7am and 7pm Mon. – Fri. to have forms and instructions mailed to you within 7-10 days.
While we cannot answer any tax-related questions, there are several resources available to help:
- The IRS Interactive Tax Assistant (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita) will provide answers to tax law questions, as well as general filing questions.
- The IRS Frequently Asked Questions page: (https://www.irs.gov/faqs).
- Free live chat services are available on many tax preparation websites if you create an account with them.
Have a great week, everyone!
This Week’s Programming Schedule:
- Thursday, March 22nd @ 6:00 PM – Knitting
- Friday, March 23rd @ 10:15 AM – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Friday, March 23rd @ 10:30 AM - Preschool StoryTime
- Friday, March 23rd @ 3:15 PM – Flash Friday
Mon - Thurs. 10:00am - 8:00pm
Fri. 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sat. 10:00am - 4:00pm