It’s that time again! The Friends of the Black Creek Village Library are hosting their annual Booked for Dinner event on Saturday, April 21. Gather in the library at 6 pm for a meet and greet before heading over to the community room to enjoy a delicious French themed meal of salade du jardin (garden salad) with vinaigrette, côtelettes de porc Normandie (Normandy pork chops), carottes glacées (glazed carrots), and gratin dauphinois (similar to potatoes au gratin). After dinner, head back over to the library to enjoy tea or coffee, along with almond gateau Breton and fondue au chocolat for dessert, while discussing All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Throughout the evening, there will also be drawings for raffle baskets, as well as door prizes. Space is limited, so please RSVP before April 12 and reserve your seat with a $20 donation. Cash or check made out to FBCVL will be accepted at the library.
If you’d like to read All the Light We Cannot See, we have several copies available for checkout at the circulation desk. To learn more about this 2015 Pulitzer Prize winner, go here: http://www.pulitzer.org/winners/anthony-doerr.
Just a note that we will be open on Good Friday, and also the Monday after Easter, however, we will be closed Saturday, March 31 in observance of Easter. All items returned over the weekend will be backdated to our last open date.
There are only about 3 weeks left of tax season. If you still need tax forms, here is how to get them:
- Printable versions are available online at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- The IRS Office
440 Security Blvd.
Green Bay, WI 54313
Hours: Mon. Closed; Tue. 8:30am – 4:30pm; Wed. Closed; Thu. 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Appleton Public Library
225 N. Oneida St.
Appleton, WI 54911
Hours: Mon. – Thu. 9am – 9pm; Fri. 9am – 6pm; Sat. 9am – 5pm; Sun. 12pm – 5pm.
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) between 7am and 7pm Mon. – Fri. to have forms and instructions mailed to you within 7-10 days.
While we cannot answer any tax-related questions, there are several resources available to help:
- The IRS Interactive Tax Assistant (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita) will provide answers to tax law questions, as well as general filing questions.
- The IRS Frequently Asked Questions page: (https://www.irs.gov/faqs).
- Free live chat services are available on many tax preparation websites if you create an account with them.
Have a great week, everyone!
This Week’s Programming Schedule:
- Thursday, March 29th @ 6:00 PM – Knitting
- Friday, March 30th @ 10:15 AM – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Friday, March 30th @ 10:30 AM - Preschool StoryTime
- Friday, March 30th @ 3:15 PM – Flash Friday
Mon - Thurs. 10:00am - 8:00pm
Fri. 10:00am - 6:00pm