Thank you to everyone who joined us for School’s Out Friday - Mouse Paint last week. We always enjoy doing crafty things with our patrons, and this was an especially fun one.
Congratulations to Kay Otto, winner of our Valentine’s Day basket! Keep an eye out for the Friends of the Black Creek Village Library’s St. Patrick’s Day basket, coming soon. We can’t wait to see what they come up with this time. As always, tickets are $0.25 each or 5 for $1.00.
We’re in March now, which means all kinds of fun things, including spring, which according to Google, starts on Tuesday, March 20, at 11:15 am. It also means new displays. This month, we’re celebrating the 70s with a great selection of books, movies, TV shows, and CDs from the 70s. We’re also displaying biographies this month, because it’s so much fun to read about other people’s lives.
Our table topic this month is leprechaun themed. If a leprechaun gave you three wishes, what would they be? Normally, we wouldn’t encourage you to share your wishes because then they won’t come true, but this time it’s okay and you’ll get a prize. You can also draw a picture of what you would see on a magic carpet ride for our hallway project (we’ll give you a prize for this one, too!)
Have you read All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr? Whether you’ve read it before and loved it so much you want to read it again, or haven’t read it but want to, we will have several copies of the book available for checkout at the circulation desk for our upcoming Booked for Dinner Event, organized by the wonderful Friends of the Black Creek Village Library. We can’t tell you too much about the event yet, but mark your calendars for the weekend of April 21 if you like book discussion, French food, and raffles.
It’s tax season again, but because of budget cuts, the IRS will no longer send us federal tax forms. Fortunately, there are still a number of ways to get them:
- Printable versions are available online at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- The IRS Office
440 Security Blvd.
Green Bay, WI 54313
Hours: Mon. Closed; Tue. 8:30am – 4:30pm; Wed. Closed; Thu. 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Appleton Public Library
225 N. Oneida St.
Appleton, WI 54911
Hours: Mon. – Thu. 9am – 9pm; Fri. 9am – 6pm; Sat. 9am – 5pm; Sun. 12pm – 5pm.
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) between 7am and 7pm Mon. – Fri. to have forms and instructions mailed to you within 7-10 days.
While we cannot answer any tax-related questions, there are several resources available to help:
- The IRS Interactive Tax Assistant (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita) will provide answers to tax law questions, as well as general filing questions.
- The IRS Frequently Asked Questions page: (https://www.irs.gov/faqs).
- Free live chat services are available on many tax preparation websites if you create an account with them.
Have a great week, everyone!
This Week’s Programming Schedule:
- Thursday, March 8th @ 6:00 PM – Knitting
- Friday, March 9th @ 10:15 AM – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Friday, March 9th @ 10:30 AM - Preschool StoryTime
- Friday, March 9th @ 3:15 PM – Flash Friday
Mon - Thurs. 10:00am - 8:00pm
Fri. 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sat. 10:00am - 4:00pm