Storytime is a program that many libraries, (including ours,) offer. But did you know that children benefit from storytime in more ways than one?
- Storytime teaches young children early literacy and pre-reading skills
- Children learn how to sit quietly in a group and practice building their attention spans
- Children learn reading comprehension and making cognitive connections
- Children get a chance to learn and practice social skills as they spend time interacting with their peers
- Storytime develops a positive association with books and fosters a love of reading in children
- Storytime exposes children to a range of books they might not have access to at home
- Storytime is a great way to meet other families in the community
At the Black Creek Village Library, Storytime with Miss Krista also includes a fun craft project that goes with the story and weekly theme, giving children a casual, hands-on way to explore reading. Have you checked out our storytime yet? Join us every Friday morning at 10:15 for Baby/Toddler Storytime, and at 10:30 for Preschool Storytime. 4K students are also welcome!
The Friends of the Black Creek Village Library’s Annual Book and Bake Sale will be held Friday, October 19, and Saturday, October 20th in the community room across from the library. Thanks to all of the donations from our wonderful patrons, this will be one for the record books with thousands of books, movies, and CDs to choose from. You won’t want to miss it!
Thanks to everyone who participated in our new book club, the Black Creek Library Page Turners, whether online, or in person. The next meeting will be October 31 at 1 pm. To coincide with fall, and the next meeting being on Halloween, our next book will be Nightbird by Alice Hoffman. This bewitching tale is perfect for all ages:
“Just when you think you know what’s going to happen next, the world surprises you. This is especially true in Sidwell, a small town in the Berkshires. Rumor has it that Sidwell is home to a monster, and tales of sightings draw in as many tourists as do the town’s famed Pink apples. Twig’s mom owns the orchard and bakes irresistible pies. Because of a family secret, Twig has tried her best to be invisible, but when two girls named Julia and Agate move into Mourning Dove Cottage next door, everything changes. A witch lived there once, and Twig’s mother has always forbidden her to step inside. But Julia might just be Twig’s first true friend, and her ally in vanquishing an ancient curse. In this spellbinding story by beloved author Alice Hoffman, friendship and love are truly magical.” (From publisher.)
Copies of the book are available at the circulation desk. To join the online discussion, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/2168740469821856/?source_id=87182937411.
Attorney Robert D. Sweeney from Sweeney Law Offices S.C. has generously offered to share his services with the patrons of the Black Creek Village Library! He specializes in general litigation, real estate law, debtor/creditor, employer/employee relations, business law, estate planning, municipal law, family law, criminal/traffic, and personal injury. He will be providing free, confidential legal advice the second Monday of every month from 5 – 6:30 pm. To reserve a 30 minute time slot on October 8th, please sign up in person at the library, call us at (920) 984-3094, or email us at email@example.com.
Next Week at the Library:
- Friday, October 5th @ 10:15 am – Baby/Toddler StoryTime with Miss Krista
- Friday, October 5th @ 10:30 am - Preschool StoryTime with Miss Krista
- Friday, October 5th @ 3:30 pm – Flash Friday: Lego Fun!
Have a great week, everyone!
Mon. – Thurs. 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Fri. 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm