Come see what we're all about! Our meetings are held in the community room every 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30pm. Please call the library at 920-984-3094, email the Friends at email@example.com, or just attend the next meeting to have your questions answered.
President: Trudy Koon, Vice President: Amber Barrett, Secretary: Lori Amerson, Treasurer: Beth Southard
What are Friends For!?!
Friends of Libaries are groups of ordinary people who love and use libraries! They support quality library service in their community through:
- Advocating the library's programs
- Participating in fun special events
What are the Perks of Being a Friend!?!
- Fellowship with other community members who believe that libraries are a vital & valuable resource for everyone.
- "Sneak Peek" early-bird shopping opportunities for FBCVL book sales!
- Special invitations to "Friends Only" events, and free admission to our annual "Booked For Dinner" banquet.
- A "Book of the Month Club" chance when you come to our monthly meetings.
- Influencing the development of the library and the programs we offer.
- Satisfaction of making a positive contribution to your community.
What are we doing right now?
- Read the most recent meeting minutes (below) to see a full list, including long-range projects.
- Ensuring books are shelved accurately.
- Making themed raffle baskets--you can donate items or suggest a theme!
- Planning the next "Booked for Dinner" event -- contact us to find out the tentative date or offer your suggestions!
What have we done so far?
- Sent delegates to advocate for the library at Library Legislative Day in Madison almost every year!
- Sponsor the "Books for Babies" program for the Black Creek area!
- Provide decor and other items to enhance the library's welcoming atmosphere.
- Implement easy and enjoyable fundraiser activities, including brat fry days and internet donation methods:
these links or add them to your favorites!
What we've been able to purchase for the library:
- Disc Repair Machine and supplies to extend the life of our library's CD/DVD collection.
- Projector for movie nights
- Portable PA system for events
- Snacks, prizes, and supplies for children's programs
- Furniture and fixtures
- Readers for E-books
- Digital instant camera
- Advertising for library events and services
- Books! Books! And more Books!