Friends of the Library
Welcome to the Friends of the Black Creek Village Library!
Come see what we’re all about! Our meetings are held in the community room every 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30PM. Please call the library at 920-984-3094, email the Friends at email@example.com, or just attend the next meeting to have your questions answered.
- President: Jenna Severson
- Vice President: Pat Amerson
- Secretary: Lori Amerson
- Treasurer: Sandy Zahn
What are Friends For!?!
Friends of Libraries are groups of ordinary people who love and use libraries! They support quality library service in their community through:
- Advocating the library’s programs
- Participating in fun special events
Support the Friends of the Library
Donate with a secure payment to PayPal, or shop on Amazon via our affiliate link and Amazon will donate a portion of your payment to the Friends group!
What are the Perks of Being a Friend!?!
- Fellowship with other community members who believe that libraries are a vital & valuable resource for everyone.
- “Sneak Peek” early-bird shopping opportunities for FBCVL book sales!
- Special invitations to “Friends Only” events
- A “Book of the Month Club” chance when you come to our monthly meetings.
- Influencing the development of the library and the programs we offer.
- Satisfaction of making a positive contribution to your community.
What are we doing right now?
- Read the most recent meeting minutes (below) to see a full list, including long-range projects.
- Ensuring books are shelved accurately.
- Making themed raffle baskets–you can donate items or suggest a theme!
- Offering library Home Delivery Service to patrons who are unable to get to the library!!
What have we done so far?
- Sent delegates to advocate for the library at Library Legislative Day in Madison almost every year!
- Sponsor the “Books for Babies” program for the Black Creek area!
- Provide decor and other items to enhance the library’s welcoming atmosphere.
- Implement easy and enjoyable fundraiser activities, including brat fry days and internet donation methods.
What we've been able to purchase for the library:
- Disc Repair Machine and supplies to extend the life of our library’s CD/DVD collection.
- Projector for movie nights
- Portable PA system for events
- Snacks, prizes, and supplies for children’s programs
- Furniture and fixtures
- Readers for E-books
- Digital instant camera
- Advertising for library events and services
- Books! Books! And more Books!